...our house has a theme song. If these walls could talk... they would actually sing. And it would sound a little something like this (turn up your volume to get the full effect).

Yes, that is the beautiful sound that is Christopher Cross's Sailing. I've loved this song since the day I heard it as a child, and for some reason it's always popped into my head as I've been contemplating the decor direction of our home. It has become a reference point when I'm stuck on something or seeking new inspiration for a room... all I have to do is play the song in my head, and the visions come to me (ha ha). Well maybe not that dramatic, but really, it's happened. Hence the abundance of blues and whites.

It's like a disease and I can't help myself... but I don't want to. This song embodies my vision for our home. I want to live inside this song and experience that feeling every time I walk into the house.

To help fulfill that dream, I decided to make this song an official part of our home. So I made this little print with the lyrics. Now I have an official shrine to the song, and its spirit will be with me whenever I walk by. Love it.


 

 
Funny story... and I wasn't even going to post this because it's slightly embarassing, but I told Brad I'd make him his own lyric print for the man cave. I was expecting him to pull a verse from some awesome Zeppelin song or recite his favorite Pink Floyd line... but nope, he wanted the theme song of his favorite cartoon, Aqua Teen Hunger Force. So instead of something cool, we have "Meatwad make the money, see. Meatwad get the honey's, G." Good thing this font isn't extremely legible from afar, lol.




Now that I've weirded you out enough... I gotta know, I can't be the only one who is this oddly obsessed with music, right? Does anyone else's home have a "theme" song? Any song that gives you a vision of what you want your home to be and feel like? Relates to your decorating style? Or maybe just a song that reminds you of home and family? I'd love to hear your take on it! :)

{P.S., since music is just as much a part of me as my home, this lovely little player will be a permanent fixture on the blog. Don't worry, it won't be an Enya-fest every time, I'll mix it up...}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top