It's in my DNA... has been since birth (I guess that's a given when both sides of your families are artists). Needless to say, the house has been feeling pretty soul-less with no art on the walls thus far.

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now, as my printer has finally arrived and I was able to start making test prints of several pieces I've been creating over the months. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but it's a start. I'll be slowly adding to the collection and hanging prints as I go (and I'll definitely keep you all updated along the way!)

Without further interruption... let's start with the dining nook. My plan for this space is to add pops of turquoise through art and accessories, so the color palette would be whites, aquas, and brown-grey/greige.

We started with the greige paint color (Valspar's Magic Spell), added in the chandelier and mirror last week, and today we installed a couple floating shelves and added some accessories:





I stole the thrift-store painted vase and painted white sailboats from the console table in the living room. Not sure if they will be staying, but they fit in well with the theme.

Here's a close up of the bird print:

Available for purchase here

Opposite the shelf wall is another print, fitting for the room's purpose:

Available for purchase here



And here's the other side of the room:



There's only three walls, as it's open to the living room. And they are all finally full, woohoo! I'm still planning on adding wainscoting on the bottom... that should be a fun experience.

Moving on to the living room. I had time to add two pictures to the corner of the room. Again, I want a cohesive feel throughout the main living area, so I opted for turquoise prints. These can be easily changed whenever the mood strikes, but I thought for now I'd add a little bit of playfulness with this octopus and seahorse:

Available for purchase here



Fun, right? Those are the closest things we have to pets right now... I feel like I should give them names or something :)

And finally, I was really looking forward to hanging these two prints in our entryway above the coatrack, but I didn't have the necessary hardware to do so (it would have been too hard using the wire and trying to get them exactly lined up to each other... we'd probably have 40 holes in the wall trying to get it right). So tomorrow after work I'll have to stop by Home Depot to grab some picture frame hooks. But I snapped shots of them anyway:

Available for purchase here
Available for purchase here

I can't wait to see how they look up on the wall!

That's it for now in the Art Update category. But on another note, since it was such a gorgeous day outside, Brad decided to be the first to break in the pool!


About 0.04 seconds after this shot was taken, he was seriously regretting his decision of cannonballing into 60 degree water and jumped out just as fast as he went in. Now I know to wait a few more months :)

That's it for this weekend, folks. If my schedule allows it, I'll be printing and hanging more art every night this week, so check back often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top